Member & Friend Information
The Sultans Trail pilgrim’s passport is the fundamental document for the pilgrim on the Sultans Trail.
Sometimes it even allows gaining access to accommodating facilities located along the itinerary. The pilgrim will in principle get a stamp in every location where he/she stays or passes
tourist offices, churches, Mosques, Hostels…. until the conclusion of the walk or cycle trip.
Do you want to become a Sultans Trail friend? Get your Sultans Trail pilgrim’s passport and become a friend.
Do you want be part of the Sultans Trail?
A cosy, growing community of hikers with lots of experience in the Balkan, Turkey & Middle-Europe, Become a member now!
An amount of € 24,- makes you a friend of Sultans Trail for one calendar year, the single subscription costs, €10,00, excluded.
As a friend you will enjoy advantages do you want to know which ones?
As a friend of Sultans Trail these are your advantages:
- You will receive the valuable Sultans Trail hiking-app, that we have developed in cooperation with Ubicarta.
- You will receive the much-desired Sultans Trail cap.
- We will send you our hiking passport: a personal document that will guarantee you help and reductions in the future with connected organizations and entrepreneurs along the Sultans Trail. You can collect stamps in your hiking passport, a nice souvenir of your trip!
- Moreover, a friend may receive a so-called Ferman: an honorary certificate for hikers that have hiked at least from Edirne to Istanbul or have travelled from Sofia to Istanbul by bicycle or on horseback. They will also be registered in the Ferman-register.
- And of course, we will provide you with lots of valuable advice about the route from our office in order to follow the route of our Trail.
- You will get a € 24,- reduction if you participate in one of the group hikes by Sultans Trail.
- You will receive twice a year an international newsletter by e-mail.
- Finally, you are invited to our annual information meeting, where we will exchange information, develop new hiking plans while enjoying a drink and a bite. During these meetings, we will also pay attention to the way our foundation functions.
If you have hiked at least from Edirne to Istanbul or cycled from Sofia to Istanbul or if you have travelled continuously with a horse, you are entitled to your Ferman, the Sultans Trail diploma, that you can apply for at the Sultans Trail Foundation in Haarlem (The Netherlands).
Be careful! If you have walked from Edirne to Istanbul, or have cycled from Sofia or have travelled continuously with a horse you must collect at least two stamps per day in your Sultanstrail passport!
Upon arrival, you can send a copy of your Sultanstrail passport together with an admission letter in the Ferman register to the Foundation
SultansTrail – A European Cultural Route (the address can be found under the contact button)
If you apply for your admission in the Ferman register you need to state your full name, your home town, arrival date and means of travel. Consequently, you will be mentioned in the next newsletter.
You can order your Ferman register, and then it will be sent at the start of the New Year.
The following people have walked either parts or the complete SultansTrail and they have received the so-called Ferman, it can be compared with the diploma the pilgrims of Santiago de Compostella receive when they arrive in Santiago de Compostella.
Look for yourself in our Ferman register!